Monday, 3 March 2014

Actors, Crew And Locations

For the film I've already started to recruit people to help with the production of the film opening, this will allow everything to run alot more smoothly when it comes around to actually filming it instead of randomly grabbing people I know and forcing them in front of the camera (a mistake that I have done before and has led to some ghastly results in the final product). So after briefly outlining what I intended to do and how I intended to film it in person, I sent them a follow up e-mail to get it set in stone, from this I managed to get my cast together fairly easily (though we did have one hiccup- but I'll get to that later).

As for the crew, I decided early on that I would operate the camera so I could get the shots that I really needed, as this proved to be a problem with the preliminary task; I also enlisted the help of another media student to take pictures of the set whilst we prepped the room and filmed the scene. The other crew members that I have recruited are mainly some friends of mine who are going to help with the dressing of the set and the carrying of equipment.

The location was originally going to be a science classroom, as this fits with the theme of the feature and would give me easy access to scientific equipment that could be used in the film, though most of the classrooms were unavailable during the times when I scheduled to film. Meaning that out of necessity the locations had to change, I substituted the science classroom for an english classroom across the media classroom, that also stored the lights and cameras, and decided to change the whole look of the film to accommodate this change, from the lavish lab look of the science classroom to a minimalist look (created through the use of four huge boards).

Back to the cast, the main hiccup was that the actor portraying the "Body" dropped out at the last minute leaving the actor playing the "Scientist" to step in and a crew member took over his role.

No comments:

Post a Comment