Sunday, 2 March 2014

First draft of the script

The idea behind the project started as a sort of '80s-esque horror comedy centred around the sci-fi theme of reanimation and interdimentional beings, with this in mind I looked over the script writing techniques (that I researched earlier) and made quick notes about the imagery that wanted to get in the opening (though a lot of the 'Videodrome'-esque rebirth ideas that I had been kicking around had to go, mainly due to the fact that it would be too difficult to try and create given the budgetary and time constraints), after which I attempted to do a vague script to get events in order mainly so that I could see where it was all heading (this would allow me to build on things that worked and take out the bits easily whilst retaining the story).

Below: The original rough script written in note form (and not formatted correctly).





 
After I got a feeling for the course of events, I promptly started to write it up picking the best bits from the notes and transferring them into the script, to try and emphisise the comedy aspect of the piece, the product of this can be seen below (though it isn't properly formatted):


INT-Lab-Night

The room is pitch black except for searing light that lights up the operating table in the centre of the room, along with two figures.

 

(High angle over table, hands come into view exchanging various medical instruments and apparatus)


Doctor: Prongs.

Assistant: Check

Doc: Blood substitute.

Ass: Check

Doc: Sandwich.

Ass: With the relish you like.

Doc: (Takes bite) Now where is the head?

(Assistant picks a box up from off screen)

Ass: It just arrived (opens box)

        Hmm.

Doc: (Looks in) (Picks something up from inside the box)This is a Chuck Lee figure with action grip.

Ass: Then where is the…

Title Card: Meanwhile, across town…

 

INT-Children’s birthday party- DAY

Mum: Here little Johnny, this present came from the good folks at the Miskatonic University.

Little Johnny: Oh goody. (He opens the package) Ahhh! (Shocked look of terror on Little Johnny’s face, followed by him dropping backwards, fainting).

 

Fade back to the Lab

No comments:

Post a Comment